I have been very busy finishing this project and building the boat. Despite this I’ve been able to fabricate the frames and bevel them; now all that remains is to assemble them. I am about halfway through at this stage. The temporary cross beams have to be attached and the excess glue and fingerprints sanded off before they can be set up on the strongback. Here’s a photo.
Behind the doors is my new extension.
And just to keep me organised a list of things to do before setting up the frames.
- Finish glueing up frames and bulkheads
- Decide location of and plane,cut and attach cross beams,
- Scarf up chines, battens, inwales and apron,
- Shape, joint, bevel and assemble keel
- Build and level strong back
Oh boy that’s a lot of stuff to get done so I’m off.
Roeboats, Ballydehob, Co. Cork, t:+353 (0)28 38973 m: +353 (0)86 158 69 37 e:firstname.lastname@example.org